Recipe: Delicious Chicken Soto Soup
Chicken Soto Soup. Hallo everyone hari ini aku mau buat soto ayam yang enak buat menu sahur. This soup/stew is full of flavours and textures. The recipe is adapted from Wendy Hutton's beautiful An extremely comforting soup, but also elegant enough for a dinner party.
This Pinoy chicken noodle soup version is easy to make. Soto (also known as sroto, tauto, or coto) is a traditional Indonesian soup mainly composed of broth, meat, and vegetables. Many traditional soups are called soto, whereas foreign and Western influenced soups are called sop. You can cook Chicken Soto Soup using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Soto Soup
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal.
- Prepare 1 of lt water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of peper.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions.
- Prepare 2 of Celery stalks.
- You need leaves of Celery.
- You need of Rice noodles.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 3 of boiled eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of Grounded spices:.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 3 cm of turmeric.
- You need 2 cm of ginger.
- You need 4 of candle nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need of Chili sauce :.
- Prepare 10 of birdeye chilies.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 3 of candle nuts.
- You need 1/2 of tap salt.
- Prepare of Water to boil.
Drain and divide among serving bowls. Transfer the chicken soup to a serving dish and place in the centre of the table. Ladle some chicken and soup over the rice and top with deep-fried shallots and the green part of the spring onion. Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl.
Chicken Soto Soup instructions
- Blend the spices that need to be ground in a blender until smooth..
- Preheat a pot with cooking oil, pour the grounded spices and stir until cooked. Add lemongrass, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir them well..
- After around 3 mins, add the water and chicken into a pot, stir it until the water blends with the spices, add celery stalks, cover the pot and let the chicken cooked really well..
- Meanwhile we prepare for the other stuff, cut the potatoes into 4 and slice thinly like chips and fry them until crispy, put aside..
- Peel boiled eggs and cut into half. Put aside..
- Boil some water and cook the rice noodle for 3 mins until it soften, drain the water with the strainer, put aside..
- Chop celery leaves, put aside..
- If you like spicy we will make the chili sauce for it, boil the chilies, fry garlic and candle nuts with a little bit of oil for 3 mins (don't let them burn) Mash the garlic and candle nuts while hot, add boiled chilies, mash them well, add salt and taste it..
- After the chicken cooked properly, take them out of the soup and shred them, put aside..
- When everything is ready we prepare a bowl to serve it, put rice noodle, shredded chicken, and potato chips, pour the hot soup on top of them, add boiled egg, sprinkle chopped celery leaves, and put chili sauce on the side if you like it spicy..
- You can add rice on the side too. Happy cooking.
It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots. D One such example is soto medan, chicken soup cooked in a broth of coconut milk, and believe it or not, we just call it soto back then since no one would get confused as to which soto you meant. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style.