How to Prepare Delicious Tandoori Chicken 🍗 🌶 🥵 🔥
Tandoori Chicken 🍗 🌶 🥵 🔥.
You can have Tandoori Chicken 🍗 🌶 🥵 🔥 using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tandoori Chicken 🍗 🌶 🥵 🔥
- You need of Equipment.
- Prepare 1 of big ziploc bag.
- It’s of Immersion blender or food processor.
- It’s of Bbq or campfire.
- You need of Chicken.
- It’s 6 of boneless chicken thigs.
- It’s of Curry Paste.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of or more of turmeric, powder.
- Prepare of Yoghurt Mixture.
- Prepare 2 cups of yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 inches of ginger root, chopped.
- It’s 1 of The cooled curry paste you made in step.
- Prepare of Red Ingredients.
- Prepare 2-10 of red scotch bonnet peppers, chopped.
- It’s 2-10 of red chilli peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of + tbsp paprika, powder.
- Prepare 2 of + drops of red food color.
- Prepare of Chilli flakes.
Tandoori Chicken 🍗 🌶 🥵 🔥 step by step
- Make the curry paste by heating oil on medium heat in a small pan, and adding the Curry Paste ingredients. As it heats up, stir it so everything gets covered in yellow, and let it cook for 2-3 mins until the onions and garlic are soft. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and cool in the freezer. It should be really dark yellow, and doesn’t taste good… but it smells like curry!.
- Make the Yoghurt Mixture by putting the Yoghurt Mixture Ingredients and the cooled Curry Paste in the blender. Blend it until it’s smooth. It should look like yellow yoghurt. It should taste extremely intense. You’re going to lose a lot of flavour as it transfers to the chicken, so make it stronger by adding more of any of the Yoghurt Mixture ingredients, except more yoghurt. Leave it in the blender..
- Make it Red, by adding the red ingredients to the Yoghurt Mixture, in the blender. Start small.. add a couple peppers, a couple drops of juice or dye, and/or a bit of paprika, and blend it up, and see how it looks/tastes. Repeat this over and over, noticing how it’s going from yellow to orange to dark orange, to red. Wow – it really does take a lot to make it red! You don’t need to take it all the way to red, just remember that there will be a substantial flavour/spice loss, so more is okay..
- Chop the chicken thighs into 3 (or don’t) and place them in the bag. Now pour Red Yoghurt Mixture over the chicken. Close the ziploc bag, squeezing out all the air as you do it. Air bubbles = baad. Once it’s closed, massage the Red Yoghurt Mixture into the chicken for a minute or so, making sure every bit of the chicken is coated. It should look like a package of marinating chicken that you might buy somewhere..
- Put the bag of chicken in the fridge. Each day, make sure the seal on the bag is still good, then -without opening the bag- move the chicken pieces around and massage again, making sure that flavour is going to make it into every possible bite, from every possible angle. For optimal results, wait about 4 days..
- When you want some, heat up the bbq and put some on the grill. Wait until the girls is hot enough to hear a sizzle sound when you put the chicken on the grill. You can cook it on high (500+ degrees) for a short amount of time (about 3 mins per side) or on low (200 degrees) for a long amount of time (10-15 mins per side)..
- Eat… finally.