Recipe: Tasty Pappardelle with chicken, chanterelles and cream
Pappardelle with chicken, chanterelles and cream. Transfer chicken to a clean plate; let cool. Finely shred chicken meat; discard bones and skin. Add milk to pan and set over medium-high.
Fresh rosemary, crushed red pepper and Tomato & Basil sauce blend together to perfectly season juicy chicken thighs. Once removed from heat, the succulent meat shreds with ease before being served over pappardelle. Pour in the white wine and simmer until the wine is nearly evaporated. You can cook Pappardelle with chicken, chanterelles and cream using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pappardelle with chicken, chanterelles and cream
- Prepare 2 oz of dried chanterelle mushrooms.
- Prepare 350 g of dry pappardelle.
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 2 cm cubes.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan.
- Prepare of Fresh Italian parsley, chopped for garnish.
Add the cream and bring the sauce to a boil. Cook pappardelle according to package instructions (keeping colors separate) until al dente. Heat the clarified butter in a pan and sauté the chanterelles with the garlic and ham. Dust with flour and gredually stir in cream.
Pappardelle with chicken, chanterelles and cream step by step
- Pour the dried mushrooms into a bowl and add 2 cups of hot water. Let soak for 30 minutes, then fish the mushrooms out and rinse them under cold water. Put the mushrooms on a paper towel lined plate to dry. Pour the soaking liquid through a a sieve lined with a coffee filter to remove any impurities, and set it aside..
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat but don't add the noodles yet..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and fry them until they're browned and cooked, about 6 or 7 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Drop the noodles into the pot of boiling water and cook about 1 minute shy of the instructions. Continue making the sauce as you wait..
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and add them to the pan you used for the chicken. Add a splash of olive oil if the pan seems a little dry. Fry the mushrooms until they brown a little (about 3 or 4 minutes)..
- Add the onion and garlic and continue frying for 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan. Add the mushroom liquid and let simmer until only a few tbsp of liquid remains..
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the cream, butter, a pinch of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Whisk in the parmesan. Toss in the mostly-cooked pappardelle noodles and give them a few minutes to soak up some of the sauce. Serve topped with more grated parmesan and a sprinkle of Italian parsley..
Bring the sauce to a boil and season with salt, pepper and. Add cream and bring to a boil. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Creamy Pappardelle with Bacon and Roasted Tomatoes recipe. Beautiful, slithery, wide ribbons of pasta that work brilliantly with rich meat sauces.