Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Lexie’s Chicken Florentine
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine.
You can cook Lexie’s Chicken Florentine using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lexie’s Chicken Florentine
- It’s 3-4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded even (1”-1 1/4” in thickness).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter (or ghee if you have it).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 8 ounces of white mushrooms (sliced or quartered).
- You need 1 1/2-2 teaspoons of garlic (minced).
- You need 1 tablespoon of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of white wine.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 cups of baby spinach leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley.
Lexie’s Chicken Florentine step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large pan (cast iron skillet is best!). Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper..
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on medium-medium high (6 or so on an electric stove) for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the pan..
- Cook the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel..
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute more..
- Add the wine to the pan and bring to a simmer..
- Cook for 1 minute or until wine is reduced by half..
- Stir in the cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half and has started to thicken. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper..
- Add the spinach to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Stir the mushrooms into the sauce..
- Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken..
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve as is, or over pasta 😋.