How to Make Delicious Chicken with pineapple sauce
Chicken with pineapple sauce. This pineapple chicken is a stir fry of chicken, pineapple and vegetables all tossed in a sweet and savory sauce. Serve this Chinese style pineapple chicken over rice for an easy dinner that everyone will love! In the mood for something tropical for dinner?
I love the sweet and tangy pineapple sauce. I serve this over rice and accompany it with green beans. This Filipino dish is a simple stew, a little simmering melds the flavors deliciously. You can have Chicken with pineapple sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with pineapple sauce
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- It’s 1-398 ml of can pineapple rings.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of pinky-sized nub ginger, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of birds-eye chili, de-seeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of pure unsweetened pineapple juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut palm sugar.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh mint, chopped.
Pineapples give a delicate tang to this tomato-based chicken stew. Pineapple Chicken Thighs in roast pineapple and slightly garlicky spicy sauce. Juicy, tender and loaded with flavor. A great family meal that would please adults and kids alike.
Chicken with pineapple sauce step by step
- In a large bowl, combine the fish sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and the lime juice. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and the chicken thighs. Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate..
- Lay the pineapple rings out on a paper towel lined plate. Reserve the juice from the can..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Shake the marinade off the chicken thighs and put them in the pan, skin-side down. Let them fry gently for 20 minutes, until the skin is deep brown. Flip the chicken over and let fry for 10 minutes on the other side. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Lay the pineapple rings into the pan. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, then gently flip them over. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes again, then remove them from the pan..
- Add a splash of veg oil to the pan and turn the heat up to medium-high. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger, shallot and chili. Saute for 1 minute, then add the pineapple juice (including the juice from the can). Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce and the palm sugar. Lay the chicken thighs into the sauce, skin-side up. Let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced by two-thirds. Serve with the pineapple slices over rice, with a sprinkle of mint..
The Pineapple BBQ Sauce in this recipe is similar to that of a Hawaiian BBQ sauce; it's tangy and sweet, yet also has depth thanks to the ginger and red Store-bought BBQ sauce can be full of sugar and artificial ingredients, however by making your own homemade BBQ sauce made with homemade. Pineapple Chicken is a quick stir-fry with juicy chunks of chicken and pineapple in a tangy sauce. We're always looking for chicken dinners that are quick to make. Crispy chicken is cooked in a sweet pineapple sauce. Serve over rice for a dinner that is sure to be a hit!