Recipe: Perfect Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken.
You can have Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
- You need Half of a chicken.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 small lime.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground coriander (ketumbar).
- You need 2 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 5 of candlenut (kemiri).
- Prepare 5 of garlic.
- Prepare 6 of shallot.
- Prepare Half of thumb sized ginger.
- You need 1/4 of large onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of large tomato.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf (daun salam).
- It’s 2 of cayenne pepper (cabai rawit).
- Prepare of Few sprigs of cilantro (daun ketumbar).
- It’s 2 of lemongrass.
- You need 200 ml of soy sauce (12-15 tbsp).
- You need 500 ml of vegetable/frying oil.
- You need 100 ml of water.
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken step by step
- Marinade half a chicken with lime juice, 1 tsp of ground coriander, and 1 tsp of ground pepper for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your seasoning paste by blending candlenuts, garlic cloves, shallots, and ginger together with a help of 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Cut the onion, tomato, chilli, and cilantro. Crush the lemon grass and tie them into knots.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan and cook the chicken on medium heat until the outer part of each cut is cooked. Don’t let the chicken dry out while frying because we’re going to cook it again with the sauce later.
- Reduce the remaining oil by half and use to cook the seasoning paste on medium heat. Keep stirring while cooking until the paste turns golden. Add the onion and cook again for another minute. Add the bay leaves and the lemon grass.
- Pour the soy sauce onto the pan by circling it onto the outmost part of the pan. Add the ground coriander, salt, and pepper and stir the sauce.
- Now it’s time to cook the chicken again. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Close the lid, reduce the heat, and cook the chicken for 30 minutes on low heat, ocassionally flip the chicken..
- Add the water, chilli, and tomato. Don’t forget to taste, you might need to add more salt. Sprinkle the cilantro and cook again for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is perfectly browned.
- Enjoy the chicken!.