Recipe: Appetizing Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices). Betutu is an Indonesian-Balinese dish of steamed or roasted chicken or duck in rich bumbu betutu (betutu spice mix). This highly seasoned and spiced dish is a popular dish in Bali and Lombok, Indonesia. Betutu is the Balinese term for using a whole chicken marinated in rich aromatic spices and herbs and then steamed and/or grill.
Massage chicken with betutu spice mix. Season with salt and pepper and tamarind water. Wrap chicken completely with banana leaves or greased Put rice in pot with coconut milk, chicken stock, garlic, lemongrass, salam leaves, and bali leaves. You can cook Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices)
- It’s 1/2 of free range chicken (rub with salt and lime for 30 min).
- You need of Blended spices.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of thumb of galangal.
- It’s of Small pcs of turmeric.
- It’s 5 of candlenut.
- It’s 3 pcs of lemongrass.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Roughly chopped spices.
- Prepare 2 pcs of lemongrass.
- Prepare 5 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of lime leaves.
- It’s 3 of shallots.
- It’s of Additional.
- You need of Banana leaves for cover.
- It’s of Aluminium foil.
Season with salt and stir well. All reviews ayam betutu chilli chicken soup fries great food vegetables taste warung. Review tags are currently only available for English language i love this betutu very much, spicy and make me sweat but its realy realy good, very recomended place to having original betutu in Bali, for sure will be back. main dish Balinese Roasted Chicken Ayam Betutu, original, Indonesian, cooking recipe, step-by-step.
Ayam Betutu (Chicken in Balinese spices) instructions
- Blend all the blended spices.
- Heat a pan, sauteé the blended spice until fragrant. Afterwards, bring the roughly chopped spices in until it's cooked..
- Rinse the chicken well, place it on the banana leaves, then rub it with the cooked spices. Wrap in the leaves and let it cool in the fridge for minimum an hour (better overnight)..
- Next, wrap the banana leaves with aluminium foil and steam the chicken until it's tender (mine roughly 1 hour)..
Here's one of our family's favorite dishes: Ayam Bumbu Betutu. This dish is one of most popular dishes which originated from the Balinese ethnic group, and is now commonly served. Ayam Betutu – Chicken with spices. Betutu is a Balinese dish of steamed or roasted chicken or duck. This highly seasoned and spiced dish is a popular dish in Bali and Lombok.