You can have Pepper Steak using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pepper Steak
- It’s 1.5 lbs of Sirloin or bottom round steak (I use half of stir fry steak).
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- You need of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Sauce-.
- It’s 1 Packet of Brown Gravy Mix.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Cup of Cold Water.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
Pepper Steak step by step
- Toss steak strips with soy sauce and black pepper. You can cook right away or marinate up to 8 hours..
- Chop peppers and onions into 1 inch pieces and set aside..
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large skillet to coat the bottom. Heat over high heat until very hot. Add one layer of beef strips to skillet then saute until nicely browned. Remove from skillet then repeat this process until all the beef is cooked and set aside..
- Coat the bottom of the pan with a little more vegetable oil, reduce heat to medium- high then add chopped peppers and onions then saute for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes..
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Add sauce and browned beef to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and peppers are tender..
- I like to serve with Smashed Garlic Potatoes..