South Indian Wagyu Beef Curry.
You can cook South Indian Wagyu Beef Curry using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of South Indian Wagyu Beef Curry
- Prepare 1 of Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Top Round Roast (cut into 3/4 inch pieces).
- You need 2 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Onion (thinly sliced).
- You need 15 of Fresh Curry Leaves.
- Prepare 9 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- You need 3 TBSP of Fresh Ginger (finely minced).
- It’s 2 TBSP of Fresh Turmeric (finely minced).
- Prepare 3 TBSP of Tomato Paste.
- You need 3 TSP of Ground Coriander.
- Prepare 2 TSP of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 TSP of Cayenne.
- Prepare 7 of Small Dried Hot Chiles.
- Prepare 4 of Star Anise Pods.
- It’s 2 CUP of Beef Stock.
- It’s 2 of Cinnamon Sticks.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- It’s of Garlic Naan.
- It’s 1/2 CUP of Warm Water.
- You need 2 TSP of Instant Yeast.
- It’s 1 TSP of Sugar.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/4 CUP of Plain Yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 3 CUP of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Butter (melted).
- It’s 2 TBSP of Garlic Chives (minced).
South Indian Wagyu Beef Curry step by step
- PREPARING THE SOUTH INDIAN FULLBLOOD WAGYU BEEF CURRY In a cast iron Dutch oven, heat the grapeseed oil until shimmering. Add half of the Fullblood Wagyu top round roast (pre-cut into 3/4 inch pieces), and brown. Set aside.Brown the second batch of Fullblood Wagyu beef. Set aside. In the same pot, add the sliced onion and curry leaves. Cook over moderate heat for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned.Add the minced garlic, minced turmeric, and minced ginger to the pot..
- Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.Stir in the tomato paste along with the coriander, garam masala, cayenne, dried chiles, star anise, beef stock, and cinna-mon sticks. Add the seared pieces of Fullblood Wagyu top round roast back into the pot. Season with kosher salt, and stir until the beef is coated with the spices. Cover, and cook over very low heat for around 2 hours (until the meat is tender). Discard the star anise and cinnamon sticks..
- PREPARING THE GARLIC NAAN Combine the flour, yeast, sugar, water, olive oil, yogurt, egg, salt, butter, and garlic chives in a bowl. Stir until smooth.Knead the dough a few times on a floured counter until smooth. Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover it, and let it rise in a warm place until the size has doubled.Preheat a skillet to medium heat.Cut the dough into eight pieces. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a 6 inch (diameter) circle..
- Add a little oil or non-stick spray to the skillet. Cook each dough circle for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on the bottom. Flip over and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes..
- FINAL STEPS Serve the South Indian Fullblood Wagyu beef curry over basmati rice and garlic naan, and enjoy!.