Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa. This Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa is incredible simple, but still big on summery flavor. The spicy jerk seasoning perfectly compliments the sweet pineapple salsa, and the black beans add bulk and extra protein to the meal without adding a lot to the cost. And even better yet, you can serve this meal hot, or eat the leftovers.
With just a few ingredients, this Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa is big on fresh summery flavor and will become your new go-to easy summer meal! Enjoy grilled seasoned jerk chicken with a side of cilantro lime rice and pineapple and black bean salsa. You will definitely enjoy each part of the meal as well as together in one luscious bite. You can cook Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa
- It’s 4 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- It’s 2 cups of pineapple tidbits.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, well rinsed.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- You need 1 pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- It’s of Jerk Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Sweet Peppers, halved.
To serve: Place the rice on plates, then add the chicken, mango salsa, and sliced avocado. Stir in the chopped green spring onions and the thyme, then set aside. Serve the chicken on top of the rice, sprinkled with thyme, with the pineapple salsa and lime wedges. I'm a food lover, number cruncher, and meticulous budgeter.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa instructions
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
I'm not a professional chef or financial expert. Place two slices of cheese on top of the pita. Add a chicken cutlet and a few spoonfuls of pineapple-black bean salsa and carefully fold over the pita. Browse the menu, view popular items, and track your order. Organic Cilantro Lime Chicken, Jamaican Jerk Pork Ribs in Oven-Safe Packaging SIDES Cauliflower "Rice" & Black Beans, Cooked Collard Greens, and Pineapple-Mango Salsa Jerk chicken w/ black beans, rice, pineapple salsa, cheese, jalapenos & chipotle mayo.