SOLKADHI – SUMMER COMFORT DRINK. Put shredded coconut in mixer jar. A Konkani summer drink, Sol Kadhi is a delicious recipe that you can serve along with your everyday meals. Solkadhi or a digestive kadhi made of kokum (a plant of the mangosteen family) is very refreshing and tasty drink, a speciality of Konkan region that extends from Goa through Maharashtra. #SummerSpecial drink Solkadhi recipe in #hindiBest drink for Summers.
That hot summer afternoon found its right note in that glass of solkadhi. Kokum: from superfood to summer cooler. The popularity of this drink throughout the Still, the traditional solkadhi continues to hold an important place at tables across the Konkan belt. You can cook SOLKADHI – SUMMER COMFORT DRINK using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SOLKADHI – SUMMER COMFORT DRINK
- Prepare 12-15 of fresh kokums.
- You need 1/2 of freshly shredded coconut.
- You need 1-2 of green chillies cut in pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of roasted cumin powder.
- You need of Black salt and salt as per taste.
- It’s leaves of Fresh cut coriander.
From the Gaud Saraswat Brahmin cuisine of. Solkadhi is a type of drink, an appetizer originating from the Indian subcontinent, usually eaten with rice or sometimes drunk after or along with the meals. Popular in Goa and the Maharashtra's coastal region, it is made from coconut milk and kokum, aamsol or aamsul. A tangy, refreshing drink made from this purple berry, native to India, is ideal for this sweltering heat.
SOLKADHI – SUMMER COMFORT DRINK instructions
- Soak kokums in water for 1/2 an hour..
- Put shredded coconut in mixer jar. Add ginger, green chilli pieces, cumin powder and both the salts to the jar..
- Add about half a cup of water to the jar and grind. Extract coconut milk using soup strainer in a bowl. Repeat the process 2-3 times by adding water to the jar and extract milk..
- Add kokum water from soaked kokums to the coconut milk in the bowl and stir. Strain the mixture to get clear kokum drink..
- Add coriander and Serve at room temperature or cold by keeping in refrigerator for some time..
Kokum is low in calories, contains no cholesterol or saturated fats, and is rich in dietary fibre. A tangy, refreshing drink made from this purple berry, native to India, is ideal for this sweltering heat. Kokum is low in calories, contains no cholesterol or saturated fats, and is rich in dietary fibre. A powerful antioxidant, it is rich in vitamin C, and contains a fair amount of potassium, manganese and magnesium. Solkadhi is a popular drink in the entire Goa-Konkan coastal belt.