Goan Pork Vindaloo Recipe.
You can have Goan Pork Vindaloo Recipe using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goan Pork Vindaloo Recipe
- Prepare 1 kg of Pork.
- You need 15-16 of Kashmiri Mirchi.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 tsp of jeera.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of black peppercorn.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 10-12 of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need 2 inch of ginger (minced).
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 5 of chopped onions.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 2-3 of green chillies (slit).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1small of Soaked Tamarind lemon sized.
Goan Pork Vindaloo Recipe step by step
- Grind the Kashmiri chillies, cinnamon stick, cumin, clove, peppercorns, and turmeric in a mixer grinder until the spices have been ground smooth. Mix with 1 tablespoon of vinegar to create a smooth paste. Season to taste with salt..
- Place the cut pork pieces in a cooker and pressure cook it to 50% so that it becomes soft..
- Mix the pork cubes with the spiced vinegar paste in a bowl. Keep aside for 1 hour so that the masalas infuse with the meat..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the onions, garlic, and ginger until golden brown, for about 5-8 minutes. Add the pork and it's marinade, and cook, stirring in parts, until the pork cubes have firmed. Pour in the water, bring to simmer, then reduce heat, cover, and cook until the pork is tender, about 30 minutes..
- Add in the green chillies and 2 tbsps of vinegar. Cook uncovered for another 20-25 mins till the meat is tender and soft..
- You can enjoy this Pork Vindaloo with goan sanna, rice roti or bread..