Solkadhi. Solkadhi is a type of drink, an appetizer originating from the Indian subcontinent, usually eaten with rice or sometimes drunk after or along with the meals. Popular in Goa and the Maharashtra's coastal region, it is made from coconut milk and kokum, aamsol or aamsul, the dried fleshy skin of Garcinia indica. Solkadhi (solkadi) or kokum curry is a soothing digestive drink popular in Goa and Maharashtra (Konkan Region).
Make this Sol Kadhi Recipe In. Solkadhi is a type of drink, originating from the Indian subcontinent, usually eaten with rice or sometimes drunk after the meals. Solkadhi and the spice-laden seafood of the Konkan coast are like the yin and yang, each complementing the nature and flavours of the other. You can cook Solkadhi using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Solkadhi
- It’s 1 bowl of grated fresh coconut.
- You need 10 of kokum pods.
- It’s 2 of green chilli.
- You need 3-4 pods of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of jeera.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare As needed of Coriander leaves to garnish.
Solkadi or Sol kadi or kokum kadhi is a part of the Goan, Konkan, and Malvani cuisine. it is served as a digestive and Solkadhi is made from Kokum which belongs to the Mangosteen family. Solkadhi a very popular drink in Konkan ( coastal regions of Maharashtra, India). It is made out of coconut and Kokum(Garcinia Indica) and generally had during or after the meals, usually after heavy. We supply fresh solkadhi packed in plastic glass with seal on daily basis.
Solkadhi step by step
- Soak kokum pods for aboit 1 hour into water. Add a little water into freshly grated coconut..
- In a mixture jar, take grated coconut, salt, sugar, green chilli, jeera and garlic pods and make fine paste of it..
- Strain it using muslin cloth or strainer. Add kokum water extract to it. Mix it well. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Refrigerate it for a while and enjoy it..
Solkadhi is made from kokum agal(juice of garcinia indica) with black salt, chilly etc added. It is very refreshing and also. Solkadhi is a preparation that is quite popular – and made even more so by the many restaurants who specialise in Coastal cuisine from western India. Naturally, many versions of Solkadhi are available in. Sol kadhi va guruch papad va kartoshka idishi va xom chilli.