Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Chimichangas
Chicken Chimichangas. My family absolutely loves this easy Chicken Chimichangas recipe! A large flour tortilla filled with shredded chicken, refried beans, cheese, salsa and spices. These Chicken Chimichangas are one of the ultimate comfort foods!
Here is a delicious recipe for a super crunchy cheesy chimichanga. You can use store brand flour tortillas or for a tasty version, you can make tour own. These Baked Chicken Chimichangas are a healthier twist on the classic chimichanga. You can cook Chicken Chimichangas using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chimichangas
- It’s 2 lbs of shredded chicken breast cooked.
- You need 8 oz. of Cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 1 can of sweet corn.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- You need 8 of while wheat tortillas.
- Prepare 4 of large slices of white cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter melted.
You won't even miss these being fried in this oven-fried version! Much like the burrito, the chimichanga is one of the tastiest Mexican foods you can find. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add the chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper into the pot.
Chicken Chimichangas instructions
- Cook the onions in a large skillet with butter and garlic until transparent..
- Drain corn and beans and add to skillet. Add chicken, cream cheese, paprika, and cumin. Mix well..
- Roll into tortillas with half a slice of cheddar, place in a baking dish, brush with butter, broil four minutes on each side..
- Serve hot..
Make these Tex-Mex Chicken Chimichangas for a dinner your whole family will love. Top with your favorite picante sauce, salsa or guacamole. These burritos are so yummy and healthy because they're baked instead of fried! These baked chicken chimichangas are healthier than the fried version, but yet still deliciously crispy from the oven! Chicken Chimichangas that are baked and stuffed with chicken, rice, spices, cheese and more.