Mom's Pork Vindaloo.
You can cook Mom's Pork Vindaloo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's Pork Vindaloo
- Prepare 1 kg of pork or beef (cubed).
- Prepare 20 of dried kashmir chillies.
- It’s 1 pod of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of big onions sliced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of haldi powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 10-13 tbs of vinegar or as required.
- You need as needed of Salt.
- You need as needed of Sugar.
- Prepare of Oil.
Mom's Pork Vindaloo step by step
- Ingredients: 1 kg pork meat cubed 20 kashmir chillies 1 pod of garlic 3 big onions 1/2 tsp haldi powder 1 tsp cumin powder 10 to 13 tbs vinegar Salt as required Sugar as required Oil.
- Soak the chillies in water after removing the seeds for about an hour. Then grind the chillies, garlic, haldi and cumin powder with 5 tbs vinegar. Add little water accordingly to grind to a paste..
- Separately fry the sliced onions till dark brown and once the obions have cooled, marinate the pork meat with the paste and the onions and leave for few hours or overnight..
- In a vessel add some oil about 3 tbs and add the marinated meat with one and a half cup water and cook for 40 to 50 minutes on medium heat. Cook for longer on slow heat until the meat/fat becomes soft. Add salt as required. If vinegar is less then add more vinegar at this stage – dont add too much as vindaloo becomes more sour as it matures. If the gravy tastes bitter, add about 1 tbs sugar..